My Five Favorite Justin Faulk Cards I Own

     Before last nights debacle in Long Island I was planning on simply listing my ten favorite Justin Faulk Cards I own and calling it a day. However, after seeing some of the vile and reprehensible social media posts directed at the team and mainly Scott Darling I feel compelled to remind everyone that it is just a game and supposed to be fun for us. Our livelihood and well being is not affected by how the team plays so don't take it personally. You can root cheer and be frustrated by the team, but leave the personal attacks out of it!

     Now without further ado lets get down to business. I am a Justin Faulk Guy! I have made no secrets about that. The current whipping boy of the fan-base has always  been my favorite. I am also a big time Carolina Hurricanes Card Collector and bordering on Justin Faulk Super-Collector. I own close to 150 different Justin Faulk Cards including Several One of One's so I have chosen to share my 5 Favorite Faulk Cards  with you.

1. A year long chase ends with the booklet

     So this card is actually a booklet! It is from the Upper Deck 2014-2015 Black Sixes line and it took me a year to find it at a reasonable price. There is only two players (Jordan Staal, And Justin Faulk) remaining with the team, but the fact the card holds six individual pieces of game used jersey and its booklet style makes it the favorite of my collection.

2. The Arrival
     When a player breaks into the NHL his arrival on cardboard is announced by his Upper Deck Young Guns Card. Rookies are immortalized in a standard and Canvas option (both displayed here) and much like this 2011-2012 pair they remain a standard chase each year for collectors.

3. My First Auto
     An on card autograph is something every collector likes. Unlike the "sticker auto" on an On card auto the card is actually handled and signed by the player. This 2011 Panini Private Signings card is a prime example of that. It remains a favorite of mine due to the fact it is the first on card auto of Justin Faulk I acquired and still shows him signing with the number 28 he wore during his rookie season due to the much maligned Alexander Semin wearing #27.

4. Step up to the plate!
     Printing Plates to me have always been a cool concept in the world of trading cards. A company releases the printing plates used to make the card. In one way it signifies the end of production, and in another way it gives the collector a rare chase piece in the fact that there is only one of each of the four colors in existence making this card from the 2015-2016 Upper Deck Series One Line one of a kind.

5. 2012 Panini Mammoth


     To a collector Patch (Jersey) cards are always fun to acquire. Multi color patches are even more special because it often displays the team colors in full glory. This 2012 Panini Mammoth is a prime example of this. With only 25 in existence this card prominently displays the red and black of the then Hurricanes Jersey.

     Those are my top 5, while I'm aware I showed 6 the Young Guns are a pair and both worthy of displayed. Its getting to where it is difficult to find Justin Faulk cards I don't already own but the hunt is half the battle. Anyways remember sports are supposed to be fun and Ill see you at the PNC! Thanks for reading and Redvolution!

The Caniac Collector
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eric Staal is the most Underappreciated Hurricane of All Time

Forgotten Canes: Mike Commodore and his bathrobe.

It's Cardboard Therapy!