Its Turbo Time..... AND THE TRUTH ABOUT MY DEPARTURE FROM CARDIAC CANE!

     Batman had Robin, The Lone Ranger had Tonto, and Sebastian Aho has Teuvo Teravainen. Don't look now but the teams "other" Finn is quietly on pace for a 70 point season.


Between the surges, the winning and the breakout season of Sebastian Aho it is easy to overlook the contributions of other members of this rather amusing Carolina Hurricanes team, and throughout the playoff push Teuvo Teravainen has quietly played his way to a stellar season. At the time of this writing "Turbo" is pacing this team with 48 assists (tied with Sebastian Aho) and fourth on the team with 18 goals for a healthy 66 points. These numbers have Teravainen on pace to finish with a career high 70 points as he looks for his third playoff birth in just his 5th season in the league.

The Power Play and Penalty Kill have also had the benefit of Teravainen's services with 7 of his 18 goals and 13 assists coming on the power play, and 2 goals and 3 assists while the team is short handed. Those numbers coupled with a +24 makes Teravainen the versatile Swiss Army Knife style wing needed for a team to go deep into the playoffs. Speaking of the playoffs Teravainen possesses a rare quality that will be needed down the stretch run into the playoffs (feels so good to say that!). Teravainen is one of only 4 Carolina Hurricanes (Staal, Van Riemsdyk,Williams) to have Stanley Cup experience. Having hoisted the cup in his rookie season Teravainen will provide a unique outlook for a locker room full of rookies in regard to what to expect in the gauntlet that is the Stanley Cup Playoffs.


  • With all the fun this year it is easy for a low key personality such as Teuvo Teravainen to be overlooked on a team full of personalities. He has never led a Surge, does not drop the gloves, and is not not known for bone crushing checks. However Teravainen is the type of player that coach Rod Brind'amour can put over the boards in any aspect of the game and expect results to be delivered.


Now I would like to address why I left Cardiac Cane. I was recruited by Cardiac Cane after a December article I wrote on my blog titled About Last Night....( I'm as mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it anymore). The passion and fire in which I wrote that article garnered attention from the editor and I began writing for them. The schedule like me was fairly easy going and chill, and I wrote when I wanted. Pay was not an issue because I wrote as I went. However, things changed that were beyond my control and new people took over. I think it was a shady power move that forced an editor out and all of sudden they were talking about "deadlines" a two article a week requirement, and "mentoring" sessions with the new editor. My dad once told me if you are good at something dont do it for free. I did not mind writing for them for free on my own terms. However, I will not work on a deadline for free, and I for sure will not write for a site where the site manager is getting paid for my hard work. With that being said I hold no hard feelings to the other writers at Cardiac Cane but those in power I have nothing positive or nice to say so I will say nothing.

So until then lets root for our beloved Canes, as they pull into the home stretch of the year. Thanks for reading and Redvolution

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgotten Canes: Mike Commodore and his bathrobe.

Eric Staal is the most Underappreciated Hurricane of All Time

It's Cardboard Therapy!